Academic Summer for British Students
With the changes to A-Levels and GCSEs, students are having to work extra harder in their studies to gain the top results. Much more depends on the final exams.
Why don't you choose to do something academic in your summer holidays that will be useful for your future?
Academic Summer can help you to achieve your Personal Best (PB) and reach your highest potential. Join us in the summer for revision and masterclasses in key academic subjects. Our programmes are suitable for you if you are aged 13 to 18 and are preparing for, or are studying GCSE, A-Level or the International Baccalaureate (IB).
This year, Academic Summer is reaching out to its UK and international audience in the London area. We have a specialist UK teaching programme with experience and dedicated teachers in their subjects. Our teachers have a real passion for their subjects and want to give you an enjoyable academic experience in the summer.
We are located at DLD College in Westminster, close to the London Eye. You can work towards achieving the best grades possible in a great setting with fantastic modern facilities.
Academic Summer can offer you:
- Masterclasses in key academic subjects
- Lectures and workshops run by well-known speakers
- Medical Studies and Oxbridge preparation weeks
- Special Educational Needs booster classes
- IELTS and FCE preparation with the opportunity to take the examinations (International students).
Art, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Classics, Drama, Economics, English, Essay Writing, Geography, History, ICT, Latin, Literature, Mathematics, Media Studies, Music, Physics, Politics, Presentation Skills, Psychology, Theory of Knowledge and Modern Languages (Spanish, Mandarin and German).
You can also join our social programme and enjoy trips and activities with us and there are activities on offer to help you develop your leadership and team building skills.
There are opportunities to board at the DLD College and for dates and prices please see this link. However, once we know what you need we can give you an individual quotation depending on the number of hours and weeks you would like your programme to be.
You could also join our programme at Sidcot School near Bristol where you could also enjoy a range of activites such as fencing, archery, laser shooting, water zorbing, horse-riding and a range of sports.
Lectures and workshops run by well-known speakers
- David Crystal - linguist, writer, editor, lecturer and broadcaster.
- Mohammed Nadeem - Mohammed Nadeem is a Luton based businessman and entrepreneur.
- Ros Kayes - Ros has been a local councillor for 10 years at town, district and county level . Her background is in teaching and psychotherapy.
- Sylvia Priest - Sylvia is a TV producer for Resolution TV. They produce TV adverts, online video, local TV programmes, induction systems and make and host websites.
- Elizabeth Thomsen - Elizabeth is a Danish filmmaker who made an award winning film called ‘The Umbrella’
- Katerina Falk - Katerina is a Physicist specializing in the study of dense plasmas, particle acceleration with lasers, laboratory Astrophysics and x-ray Thomson scattering in laser-plasma experiments.
- Tracy Playle - Tracy is the founder and CEO of Picklejar Communications.
- Bernard Carey - Currently a PR consultant, course leader of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations Centre for Learning
- Jacqueline Kassteen - Owner & Managing Director, Transformative Marketing Solutions
Find more details about the speakers here.
Please contact us for more details on email@example.com or +44 20 8123 8083.
We will arrange for you to talk to our Director, Helen Lami to discuss your educational needs and design your perfect programme to get the most out of your summer.