Nestled within the rolling hills of southwest England, Sidcot School offers a traditional countryside experience. Students based at this top-performing independent boarding school will see the glory of the fields and hedgerows in full bloom at the height of the British summertime.
The city centre of Bristol, with its vibrant offering of shops, dockside restaurants and theatres, is just 40 minutes’ away by car. From there, you can catch a train and reach London within an hour. Enjoy the best of both worlds in this spectacular rural school with world-class facilities.
Sidcot School combines modern, beautifully designed study centres with hi-tech facilities to cover a diverse range of student interests. The excellent amenities here include:
- * A sports centre with a 25 metre indoor swimming pool and a sport hall with a sprung floor, multi-gym and viewing balcony
- * A stunning arts centre with facilities for fine art, sculpture, photography and digital media
- * A dedicated performance hall with a recording studio and music technology suite
- * A drama department with facilities for students to turn performances into theatre, radio or film
- * Horse riding lessons with nearby Urchinwood Manor, a BHS approved centre with riding instructors, indoor and outdoor areas, and cross country and show-jumping courses - this is an optional activity not included in the course fees
- * Golf lessons are available - this is an optional activity not included in the course fees
- * Sidcot Hub, the on-site student coffee shop selling an array of hot drinks and snacks
- * A modern cafeteria
- * Separate boys and girls’ boarding houses and single rooms available for over 16s
- * Student lounges, kitchens and laundry facilities
- * An on-site nurse and qualified First Aiders
As an Academic Summer student studying at Sidcot School, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to our line-up of fun and unusual leisure activities.
A free afternoon might find you playing water polo or taking part in a round of “Octopush” (underwater hockey).
There’s also an opportunity to shoot a few hoops on the basketball court or help with local community and charity projects. Have your swimmers ready for our regular pool parties and work a Game of Thrones vibe with archery and fencing workshops.
Our excursions showcase the beautiful cities of Bristol, Bath and Cardiff. Weekend trips cover the rollercoasters of Thorpe Park, along with top attractions in London, Oxford, Statford-Upon-Avon and Bournemouth.
Download a leaflet for Academic Summer at Sidcot School in Bristol by clicking on the icon on the right.
- Large indoor arena,
- Outdoor arena,
- Over 100 acres with a cross country course and show jumping course,
- 13 horses on site
- a number of riding instructors
- BHS approved and British Eventing registered.
Price per a group session is 55 GBP. Please contact us for more information.
GOLF is available three times a week
Golf is a fascinating sport with so many aspects of the game to learn from putting through to the full swing. Getting out onto the course is a fantastic experience and challenge to try and better your score each time you play.
There is no finer place in somerset to learn the game of golf than Burnham & Berrow which is a Championship Links Course ranked number 31 in Great Britain & Ireland.
During the coaching sessions we will learn everything from putting, chipping, pitching, full swing and different formats on the course. These sessions will suit all kinds of abilities wether you are a complete beginner or an experienced golfer as the challenges we set can be tailored to your ability.