Nestled within the rolling hills of southwest England, Sidcot School offers a traditional countryside experience. Students based at this top-performing independent boarding school will see the glory of the fields and hedgerows in full bloom at the height of the British summertime.
The city centre of Bristol, with its vibrant offering of shops, dockside restaurants and theatres, is just 40 minutes’ away by car. From there, you can catch a train and reach London within an hour. Enjoy the best of both worlds in this spectacular rural school with world-class facilities.
Sidcot School combines modern, beautifully designed study centres with hi-tech facilities to cover a diverse range of student interests. The excellent amenities here include:
- * A sports centre with a 25 metre indoor swimming pool and a sport hall with a sprung floor, multi-gym and viewing balcony
- * A stunning arts centre with facilities for fine art, sculpture, photography and digital media
- * A dedicated performance hall with a recording studio and music technology suite
- * A drama department with facilities for students to turn performances into theatre, radio or film
- * Horse riding lessons with nearby Urchinwood Manor, a BHS approved centre with riding instructors, indoor and outdoor areas, and cross country and show-jumping courses
- * Sidcot Hub, the on-site student coffee shop selling an array of hot drinks and snacks
- * A modern cafeteria
- * Separate boys and girls’ boarding houses and single rooms available for over 16s
- * Student lounges, kitchens and laundry facilities
- * An on-site nurse and qualified First Aiders
As an Academic Summer student studying at Sidcot School, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to our line-up of fun and unusual leisure activities.
A free afternoon might find you playing water polo, trying out circus skills or taking part in a round of “Octopush” (underwater hockey).
There’s also an opportunity to take up beekeeping, shoot a few hoops on the basketball court or help with local community and charity projects. Have your swimmers ready for our regular pool parties and work a Game of Thrones vibe with archery and fencing workshops.
Our excursions showcase the beautiful cities of Bristol, Bath and Cardiff. Weekend trips cover the rollercoasters of Thorpe Park, along with top attractions in London, Oxford, Statford-Upon-Avon and Bournemouth.
Download a leaflet for Academic Summer at Sidcot School in Bristol by clicking on the icon, below: